How to Change My Username On Facebook 2019

Lots of people created a Facebook account concerning a decade back when it emerged onto the social networks scene.

For me, that was my fresher year of senior high school. Versus my parents' wishes, I had actually gotten on Myspace for regarding a year approximately (Mother And Father if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook began challenging Myspace as the social media network to be on, I didn't intend to lose out on the action.

So I swiftly developed an account while my parents were asleep one evening.

As you can imagine, freshman-year Holly was not my finest self. Premature, troubled, and also a little unusual, I developed a username that was wonderful for me at the time. Not so great currently as a young expert.

If you're like me as well as created a Facebook at a fairly young age, you're possibly in the same watercraft. Never ever be afraid, your Facebook username can be altered.

How To Change My Username On Facebook



The thing is, your username doesn't appear huge on your account or anything. Luckily. But it does look like part of your Facebook page URL. That in itself makes it beneficial to alter to something better.

Fortunately, it's fairly basic! Adhere to along and also I'll show you how.

Step 1: Visit to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the e-mail that you made use of to create your account as well as your Facebook password. If you additionally produced your Facebook page a years ago, you could make use of a now-defunct e-mail to sign in. I recognize I do. There's a simple method to upgrade that while altering your LINK, which I'll get into later on.

Action 2: Navigate to Setups.

When you effectively visit, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Photos of your good friends' engagements as well as babies as well as inebriated evenings out will populate your screen. Possibly you'll also identify some brand-new Facebook 3D photos.

Look to the top of the web page where the blue banner is. To the extremely right, you'll see a little arrow aiming down. Click that to open the drop-down menu. From there, click Setups, which is 2nd from the bottom.

Change Facebook Username


Step 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Settings page that you're currently on, check out the 2nd alternative from the top. It's your username! Click on the pencil symbol to the right of it to change your username and LINK.

Now that there are 2.23 billion regular monthly active Facebook users around, it might be tough ahead up with a special username. Facebook will certainly let you know if the username is available or not when you type it in.

Change Facebook Username



When you discover an offered username, click Save.

Now you have a brand-new Facebook username and Facebook LINK!

Keep in mind: As I mentioned above, if you are using an outdated e-mail, this is also the location you can alter that! Straight listed below username is an area called Contact, where you can upgrade your e-mail address to whatever you currently make use of.

Step 4: Check Facebook URL.

To examine that your adjustments have conserved, navigate to your Facebook profile. You can do this by clicking your name located in the leading right edge.

When on your account, take a look at the URL. It should be your brand-new one!

Appreciate your new Facebook username.

Currently you no more have to live under whatever tag your high-school-self developed. Your username and URL mirror you as the individual you are currently!