How I Change My Facebook Username 2019

Lots of people developed a Facebook account regarding a decade ago when it erupted onto the social media scene.

For me, that was my freshman year of secondary school. Against my moms and dads' dreams, I had been on Myspace for regarding a year or two (Mom and Dad if you read this-- sorry). When Facebook began challenging Myspace as the social networks network to be on, I really did not wish to miss out on the activity.

So I promptly produced an account while my parents were asleep one night.

As you can imagine, freshman-year Holly was not my ideal self. Immature, unconfident, as well as a little strange, I developed a username that was great for me at the time. Not so fantastic currently as a young professional.

If you resemble me and produced a Facebook at a relatively young age, you're most likely in the same boat. Never ever be afraid, your Facebook username can be transformed.

How I Change My Facebook Username



The important things is, your username does not show up big on your profile or anything. Luckily. However it does appear as part of your Facebook web page URL. That by itself makes it worthwhile to alter to something better.

Luckily, it's rather basic! Adhere to along and also I'll show you exactly how.

Action 1: Log in to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the e-mail that you made use of to develop your account as well as your Facebook password. If you likewise produced your Facebook page a decade back, you might make use of a now-defunct email to check in. I recognize I do. There's a very easy method to update that while transforming your URL, which I'll get into later on.

Step 2: Browse to Settings.

When you successfully log in, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Photos of your buddies' involvements and also children as well as intoxicated nights out will certainly occupy your display. Maybe you'll also identify some new Facebook 3D photos.

Look to the top of the page where heaven banner is. To the very right, you'll see a tiny arrowhead pointing down. Click on that to open up the drop-down menu. From there, click on Setups, which is second from the bottom.

Change Facebook Username


Step 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Settings page that you're currently on, check out the 2nd alternative from the top. It's your username! Click the pencil symbol to the right of it to change your username as well as URL.

Since there are 2.23 billion month-to-month energetic Facebook users around, it may be hard to find up with an unique username. Facebook will certainly let you know if the username is readily available or not when you kind it in.

Change Facebook Username



Once you find an available username, click Save.

Currently you have a brand-new Facebook username as well as Facebook LINK!

Keep in mind: As I mentioned above, if you are making use of an out-of-date e-mail, this is likewise the area you can change that! Directly below username is a field called Call, where you can upgrade your e-mail address to whatever you presently utilize.

Tip 4: Examine Facebook URL.

To examine that your modifications have actually saved, browse to your Facebook profile. You can do this by clicking your name located in the top right corner.

Once on your profile, look at the URL. It should be your brand-new one!

Enjoy your brand-new Facebook username.

Now you no longer have to live under whatever label your high-school-self created. Your username and also LINK mirror you as the person you are now!