How Can I Change My Username On Facebook 2019

Many individuals created a Facebook account regarding a decade earlier when it erupted onto the social networks scene.

For me, that was my freshman year of secondary school. Versus my moms and dads' wishes, I had actually been on Myspace for about a year or so (Mother And Father if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook started challenging Myspace as the social media network to be on, I really did not wish to miss out on the activity.

So I rapidly developed an account while my moms and dads were asleep one night.

As you can imagine, freshman-year Holly was not my ideal self. Immature, insecure, as well as a little strange, I created a username that was fantastic for me at the time. Not so terrific currently as a young expert.

If you're like me and developed a Facebook at a fairly young age, you're most likely in the exact same boat. Never fear, your Facebook username can be changed.

How Can I Change My Username On Facebook



The thing is, your username doesn't appear large on your account or anything. Luckily. However it does appear as part of your Facebook page URL. That in itself makes it worthwhile to transform to something more appropriate.

Thankfully, it's rather easy! Follow along as well as I'll show you just how.

Action 1: Log in to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the e-mail that you made use of to create your account and your Facebook password. If you likewise developed your Facebook page a decade earlier, you could use a now-defunct email to check in. I understand I do. There's an easy means to update that while transforming your URL, which I'll enter later.

Action 2: Navigate to Settings.

When you successfully log in, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Images of your close friends' engagements and also children as well as drunken evenings out will certainly inhabit your screen. Possibly you'll even identify some new Facebook 3D pictures.

Seek to the top of the page where the blue banner is. To the extremely right, you'll see a little arrowhead pointing down. Click that to open the drop-down menu. From there, click Settings, which is 2nd from the bottom.

Change Facebook Username


Step 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Settings web page that you're now on, check out the 2nd alternative from the top. It's your username! Click the pencil symbol to the right of it to transform your username and also LINK.

Since there are 2.23 billion monthly active Facebook individuals out there, it could be tough to find up with a distinct username. Facebook will allow you recognize if the username is available or otherwise when you kind it in.

Change Facebook Username



When you locate an offered username, click Save.

Now you have a new Facebook username as well as Facebook URL!

Note: As I pointed out above, if you are utilizing an out-of-date email, this is likewise the location you can transform that! Straight listed below username is an area called Get in touch with, where you can upgrade your email address to whatever you currently utilize.

Step 4: Inspect Facebook URL.

To check that your modifications have actually saved, browse to your Facebook account. You can do this by clicking your name situated in the top right edge.

As soon as on your profile, look at the LINK. It should be your new one!

Enjoy your new Facebook username.

Now you no more need to live under whatever label your high-school-self produced. Your username as well as URL reflect you as the individual you are now!